Losing 10 pounds in 2 weeks is easy and can be healthy if it is done with a balanced diet and physical activity, at least 5 times a week such as walking, cycling or swimming.
What you can eat in this dietThe foods allowed in the diet to lose 10 pounds are fruits and vegetables in general, preferably raw, whole foods, seeds, milk and skimmed derivatives and low-fat meats, remembering to consume fish at least twice a week.
In addition to this, some tips are important to prepare the dish and get it right in the diet menu as:
- Eat 3 to 4 fruits a day, not exceeding that limit;
- Place half of the plate with vegetables at lunch and dinner or eat them before the main meal;
- Choose between brown rice, brown pasta, sweet potato as a source of carbohydrates for the meal, not placing more than one of these on the plate;
- Choose among beans, corn, peas, chickpeas, soy and lentils as a source of vegetable protein and place just 1 tablespoon of one of these on the plate;
- Remove all fat from meats before eating, including fish and chicken skin.
What you can't eat in this dietFoods that should be avoided are those rich in salt, sugar, white wheat flour and fat, with the following foods being on the prohibited list:
- Sugar: sugar, sweets, desserts, cakes, chocolate;
- Salt: salt, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, cubes of meat and vegetable broth, meat tenderizer, envelope soups;
- White wheat flour: breads, cakes, tartlets, bechamel white sauces, breaded;
- Fats: fried foods, red meats, bacon, sausage, salami, mortadella, ham, red meats rich in fat, whole milk and yellow cheeses such as cheddar;
- Industrialized products: stuffed cookies, snacks, frozen ready meals, pizza, lasagna, soft drinks and pasteurized juices.
Natural herbs and condiments such as onion, garlic, rosemary, parsley, thyme, basil and oregano can be used to substitute salt in food preparation, as they add flavor to foods and do not cause fluid retention in the body.
Diuretic teas to deflate the bellyIn addition to food, investment should be made in the consumption of diuretic and metabolism-increasing teas such as green tea, matcha tea, hibiscus tea (hibiscus flower) and ginger tea with pineapple. To have the desired effect you should drink 3 to 4 cups a day, without adding sugar.
It is also important to drink at least 1.5 L of liquids a day, preferably between diuretic teas and water, to combat fluid retention and improve bowel function.
Menu to lose 10 pounds in 2 weeksThe table below shows a sample menu of 3 days of diet to lose weight 5 kg in 2 weeks. After these 3 days you can make your own menu, always remembering the tips above.
In addition to a healthy diet and regular physical activity, you can also consume thermogenic foods to accelerate weight loss such as: cinnamon, ginger, red pepper, coffee, green tea, apple vinegar, cold water.