Unfortunately, if you lose a lot of weight, it may be harder to enjoy these benefits than you might think.
Drastic weight loss is often accompanied by an unsightly symptom: loose skin, flaccid skin.
And although the excess weight is gone, this flaccid skin can feel unsafe, unattractive and very unpleasant in the own body.
This can be a very emotional time.
So, what can you do? Do you cover your result of having thinned yourself with loose clothes to hide that flabby skin? Or show it and feel too clumsy and awkward on the flabby skin?
Did you lose weight and now you have an excess of loose skin?
If you have loose skin after losing weight, don't blame yourself.
The reality is that our skin loses its elasticity with age. This causes it to stretch after you lose weight.
This is nature's way.
Fortunately, that doesn't mean you have to live with this hanging skin forever. In fact, there are several very effective strategies to help you restore the firmness of your skin and reach the slender, firm body you have worked so hard and hard for.
See for yourself:
- Build muscle mass: By building muscles you can effectively "If you fill the areas with excess skin, it will be tightened. Lifting weights is an excellent starting point for men and resistance exercises such as push-ups, leg and abdominal lifts are a good option for women.
- Try a sea salt peeling: sea salt peelings increase blood circulation and stimulate the healthy production of elastin and collagen, both of which are necessary to restore firmness to your skin. Apply the peeling approx. 3 times per week in the shower for best results.
- Get a massage: Like the sea salt peeling, the massage stimulates blood circulation and can improve the health and general elasticity of your skin. This is not a proven method, but it does not hurt, because in the end you are more relaxed than ever.
- Take Vitamin C: If you do not eat one orange per day, this may be a good time to start this habit. Vitamin C is essential for collagen production, we must get enough vitamin C to give our skin the ability to contract and shrink as before.
- Fill yourself with cream: There are many creams on the market that tighten the skin and stimulate the production of elastin and collagen. Just make sure you do a thorough research to select a reliable and high quality product. This way you avoid wasting your money.
- Drink plenty of water: Good hydration is essential for skin elasticity, so drink water daily. You can also eat fruit and vegetables rich in water to increase your fluid intake if you don't like the idea of always carrying a bottle of water.
- Wrap yourself up: There is a treatment called body wrapping that has helped many people. In this technique, a lotion is applied to the problem area, which normally contains honey, clay, chocolate or similar, and then wrapped in plastic. You relax for about half an hour while this compress detoxifies and cleanses your skin. Although the results of this method are not scientifically proven, many women report results after only one treatment.
- Stay moist: The more your skin is moisturized, the easier it is to multiply new cells. To give your skin a chance to recover, try to keep it as moist as possible. Use a cream with vitamin E or you can also use an oil such as coconut oil.
Don't get discouraged.
If flaccid skin has ruined your slimming success, take steps to improve the elasticity and overall health of your skin. You will be able to enjoy firm skin in no time.
RELATED: 5 Ways to Get Rid of Cellulite Without Exercise