But I am here to share something that will assist you with tapping into the world of chicken-possibility. This something is Paleo recipes. They are easy-to-follow recipes that are designed to support you in eating the foods that your body was programmed to eat. This results in natural weight loss, increased energy, and a stronger, healthier immune system and more. Some of the foods included in the Paleo Diet are wild fruit, game meat, fish and vegetables.
Okay so now that we got that covered lets talk about Thai Coconut Chicken Soup (Tom Kha Gai).
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 2 teaspoons Vegetable Oil
- 2 medium Chicken breast, skinless, raw, cut into chunks
- 4 medium Shallots, or 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 clove(s) Garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons Root Ginger
- 5 stem Lemon Grass Stems, very finely sliced
- 1 individual Chilli, Green or Red, deseeded and finely chopped
- 400ml Blue Dragon Coconut Milk Light
- 568ml Fresh Chicken Stock (1 pint)
- 2 tablespoons Coriander, fresh, 2 fresh or dried lime leaves
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoons Black pepper
Heat the vegetable oil in a large saucepan for a few seconds, then add the chicken chunks, searing them for a minute or two. Add the shallots or onion and cook, stirring, for 1 more minute.
Add the garlic, ginger, lemongrass and chilli, stirring well. Pour in the coconut milk and stock, then add the lime leaves. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, partially covered, for 25-30 minutes.
Just before serving, add the chopped fresh coriander. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then ladle into warm bowls and serve immediately.
Dried lime leaves can be bought from the spice section of your supermarket, and you can look for fresh ones in little packs of Thai seasonings with the fresh vegetables.
That's sounds pretty easy right? So, the next time you're thinking about cooking chicken, step outside your comfort zone and let Paleo Recipes help you take your dish to the next level. Until next time, eat well.
RELATED: 10 Slimming Nordic Vegetarian Diet Recipes