One of the most complaint subjects in terms of dieting and weight loss is related to maintaining your weight once you achieved your goals and not putting it back on.
Are you one of those people?
If you are, rest assured that you are not alone.
About 80% of people who lose weight put their weight back on again over a period of up to five years.
Today you will find out that it is possible to lose weight and not to put it back on again!
The frustration and pain of regaining the weight lost after so much effort is not something that can be dealt with easily. This frustration and sadness will become even more reasons for food to become a means of escape. The feeling of vanity causes people to give up trying again (as if it was worthless) and they return to eating even more.
LET'S SEE WHAT REALLY HAPPENS!
There are many reasons why someone regain weight again:
• (losing motivation) personal identity problems, when someone undergoes a radical transformation and ends up with different values, returning to their previous state.
• (Support from people around you) interference from someone close to you who is bothered by your determination.
• (unsuitable diet/life style) unwise diets that do not suit the individual's or their metabolism properly
• (a change to weight loss that did not come from within) lack of an inner change process which makes the slimming process something superficial which in turn is high risk in maintaining your weight loss.
• (Behavior change) a behavior change caused by inner change process is one of the key ingredient for initial weight loss and particularly thereafter for maintaining it successfully. There are some who do not acquire how to deal with their emotions and therefore, cannot take the learning process forward and extend that throughout their life.
The most classic example of this is people who lose weight solely by the help of medication! Surely those will regain all their lost weight within short to medium period.
So what to do?
To avoid this yo-yo diet effect, your actions will need to be supported by 5 pillars:
1 - Food re-education
2 - Focus
3 - Determination
4 - losing your motivation (don't allow external factor whatever they maybe affect your progress/goals)
5 - Help of a good professional
First you need to understand why weight loss is so important and what positive results it will bring to your life and your family!
These understandings will help to provide you with an absolute determination and necessary focus to do the job. Weight loss should be a life goal and the transformation should be more inner and should come from within.
Be attentive. Studies show that people who lose weight and do not regain, do at least two things:
They check their weight on regular basis (at least once a week) and exercise for at least 30 minutes 5 times a week. One way to be attentive and disciplined is to keep a diary, it does not need to be fanatic. Moderation is the key.
My advice is, just as a method of control, at least at the beginning of your weight loss journey, establish a daily activity record, daily planning creates discipline; it is essential to stay on track. Another piece of advice is to become a friend with the weighing scale. When the weighing scale stops being the "bad guy", you will notice things may start improving.
So, in this article, you learned that:
1 - It is possible to lose weight and not regain it.
2 - There are many reasons that make people to regain weight, such as:
- Personal problems
- Not being supported by others
- Unwise diets that do not suit your metabolism or life style
- Lack of motivation from within or inner change process and how to deal with your own emotions
- Behavior change or lack of it
3 - The 5 pillars that you would need to implement to support and maintain your weight loss and avoid the yo-yo diet effect, which are:
- Nutritional education
- Be attentive
- Help of a good professional
I cannot stress enough that one of the main reason why people put weight back on is lack of an inner change or the change that does not come from within. Another main ingredient for success in this is being FOCUS. Never lose the sight of why you are doing it.
RELATED: How to Get in Shape and Stay in Shape
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Arvin_Reis/2446353