- 1 ½ c mozzarella and Cheddar cheeses, combined or just mozzarella alone
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- ¾ c almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat your broiler.
- In a microwave safe bowl, place mozzarella and cheddar cheeses. Heat until melted but not browned, about 30 seconds in the microwave.
- When cheese is cool enough to handle, add remaining ingredients and knead together to form a soft, sticky dough. Use a little extra almond flour to help you form a ball if necessary.
- Using a silpat or well greased parchment paper to line your baking sheet. Gently press into about a 12 inch round with your fingers. Wet your fingers if the cheese dough sticks to your hands. Make sure there are no holes.
- Broil in oven for 5 minutes or until top is uniformly browned. Remove from beneath broiler. Use another pan to flip the crust over so that the browned top is now the bottom of the crust.
- Broil an additional 5 minutes until the new side is uniformly browned.
- Top with sauce and toppings, broil for 5 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before cutting.
- Makes 4 servings, ¼ of the pizza.
Serving Size: ¼ pizza Calories: 290 Fats: 23.5g Net Carbs: 2.2g Protein: 18g