The pancakes are light and delicious and what is the most important thing about them is that they do not contain flour. They are gluten-free and dairy-free. To make them I used oats which I grinded in the coffee grinder. Low carb pancakes are easy to make and they are low in calories compared to the traditional ones. To top these tasty pancakes I used a sugar-free maple syrup. The taste was amazing and I had a double certainty that I eat something nutritious and low in calories. Here is the recipe for these delicious homemade low carb pancakes:
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup sifted oat flour
- 2 tablespoons sifted coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free sweetener
How to make pancakes low on carbohydrates:
- In one bowl, mix oat flour, baking powder, coconut flour, salt and sweetener.
- In a separate bowl, mix eggs, coconut milk and water.
- Pour wet ingredients in to the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Set aside for 2-3 minutes so that the batter thickens up.
- Heat a frying pan or a griddle over medium high heat and brush the frying pan with few drops of oil (you can use paper towel to do this).
- When frying pan is hot enough, pour about ¼ cup of the batter on the surface of the frying pan.
- Cook pancakes on one side foe about 203 minutes.
- Flip and cook again for about 1-2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm and with sugar-free maple syrup.
Additional Tips For Low Carb Pancakes:
* You can use buttermilk ot yogurt, instead of other milk type products.
* Add ingredients like cinnamon, fruits, nuts or meat on top as the first side is cooking.
Enjoy your pancakes!
RELATED: Easy Healthy Breakfast Burritos Recipe
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Luka_Malgaj/321707