The hard part about eating low calorie food is that it usually tastes bad. This recipe, on the other hand, does not taste bad at all-it tastes exactly like normal sugared banana bread. Whenever I have made it for friends and family (2 or 3 times so far), they have never known that it was a low carb, low, calorie substitute of a real version of Banana Bread.
Anyway, onto the recipe. Make sure you follow it exactly how I wrote it and I'm sure you'll soon be enjoying the sweet taste with 1/3 the calories!
- 1 1/3 cups of all-purpose flour
- ½ cup of your favorite sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1/4 cup of mashed ripe bananas (You have to wait until they're ripe!)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/3 cup nonfat, skim milk
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine lemon juice with milk and let stand for 5 minutes
- Blend dry ingredients
- Add oil, milk mixture, and vanilla to mashed bananas and mix well.
- Pour banana mixture into dry ingredients and stir.
- Pour batter into a non-stick pan and bake for 45-55 minutes or until ready.
It's 1/3 less calories than any other banana bread that I've had in the past but no one I've ever given it to ever realizes it. That's it folks, I just wanted to share this awesome recipe. You can see how simple the recipe is but somehow I manage to ruin it from time to time because my oven is so inconsistent. I started using my Panasonic bread maker to make it and it turns out perfectly every time. In the same vane as a rice cooker, the bread maker makes sure the product is the same every time. I couldn't live with out it. I hope you enjoy it!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Eric_Ellenbrook/1227451